Search This Blog

6.28.2021

Miscellany

 I've been doing little things here and there, but nothing worthy of a full blog post.  I'm trying to get in the habit of writing at least weekly, though.

I'm doing little things here and there on TryHackMe, but I'm running into more and more rooms that are premium-only.  Rooms that you need to complete to finish training paths, or even worse, to complete free rooms.  Looking over Hack The Box, it's similarly restricted for free users, plus it has time limits and no way around the time limits.  At least THM only limits your use of their in-browser attack box for free users, but VPN access is unlimited.  The $10/mo. doesn't sound like much for THM, but it adds up and I really can't justify it right now.

I'm still slowly working my way through "Violent Python", and it's inspired Copperhead and Pocketnuke over on my github.  Pocketnuke is a more refined version of the C runstub I mentioned previously in this blog.

I had been studying again for my CCNA, but that's fallen by the wayside for right now.  Instead, I'm slowly working on studying for the eJPT.  Or at least, doing INE's PTS courses through their free "starter pass".  I'm not sure I want to do pentesting, or jump right into Red Team, but at least in my opinion, you can't defend against the enemy properly unless you know how they think and operate.  So, like when I was in high school and hung out in 2600 IRC to learn how they would attack my server so I could protect it, I'm learning pentesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment