Search This Blog

7.24.2010

first post!!!1!!

Ok, got that out of my system. Hi! Mostly this blog will be about stuff I'm hacking on, commentary on Linux, languages, and other computer tech I feel unusually passionate about, and I'll end up at some point touching on the trials and tribulations of being a starving linux hacker working a dead-end non-IT job. Fun!

Currently I'm working on a really cool experimental distro called Jet-fu (Just Enough To FUnction, among other possible backronyms), relearning Python, getting more into C programming, as well as geting into modding computers. Check out http://wsrogers.blogspot.com/, he's the other half of this crazy distro. :)

In a nutshell, jet-fu aims to be a server distro that installs and runs in the smallest possible space. It will be geared for intermediate-advanced users (ie, sysadmins). Right now my pet projects as part of the groundwork are: writing scripts to pare down the kernel on install and grab modules by ftp as need be; figuring out what other specialized scripts the installer will need and fleshing those out; and working on the package management problem (how, where, and with what).

A full 'manifesto' of the project is coming soon.

As for random life-rants, I'll try to keep those to a minimum. I know my job is not that interesting, and this is mostly about hacking. Hopefully I'll keep that promise....

No comments:

Post a Comment